Sign up to our newsletter for Inspiration and advice to help you plan awesome events.
12 tips, trends and suggestions for events in 2016
If you’re hoping to produce amazing events in 2016, then take a look at our list of things to consider when planning events this year. We’ve put together a list of what we think will be popular, bang-on-trend or worth considering when planning events in 2016. From catering, to event themes, technology and marketing, there is something for everyone and every event…
1. Create unique experiences one element at a time
2. Rio + Olympics… did someone say P-A-R-T-Y?
3. Pantone colour of the year
4. Smell that sizzle… yum!
5. More video content at events
6. Flexible event staff
7. Networking is a must!
8. Use Social Media before, during and after your event
- Promote your event on your social media channels. Be prepared to pay for reach, the benefit of which means you can market to your ideal target guests very easily.
- Include a Giff Giff machine (we LOVE Social Playground’s) at your event and encourage people to share their experiences. (Video content is often shared more than still images!)
- Always create a hashtag for use at the event and promote the hell out of it (before and during the event)!
- Tweet and Instagram the action throughout the event (dedicate someone to do this and don’t leave it until post-event).
- Share, comment and like the posts your guests posts about your event – again do it during the event, not a few days later.
- Create event specific accounts on social media where you can add details, useful advice about attending and highlight aspects of your event before, during and after.