Last year it was all about Gatsby Glamour for event styling, but this year we predict a little change of pace. With the world’s attention turning to Brazil in June for the 2014 World Cup and again in 2016 for the Olympics, we expect the Australian event scene to adopt some of Brazil’s favourite party themes this year.
Brazilians are warm, rhythmic and fun-loving and host the world’s largest party, Carnival – so there really is no better place to turn to for inspiration in 2014! Event Birdie has put together two themes which will be sure to impress your guests and make for an unforgettable event.
Carnival Samba Festa
- To style: clashing bright colours, sequins and lots of feathers!
- To entertain: Plenty of samba, Brazilian dancers, drummers and capoeira.
- To eat: grilled meats on skewers, salads and lots of tropical fruit.
- To drink: Cachaḉa (sugar cane rum) in caipirinhas and agua de coco (fresh coconuts with a straw).
*Bonus points: for the ambitious, you might even create your own float worthy of the Sambadrome (perhaps a team building idea).
Bossa Nova Chill Festa
- To style: Tropicana kitsch, pineapples, palms, cane furniture and splashes of bold colour.
- To entertain: Bossa Nova tunes played either on a gramophone, by a live band or, if you must, an iPod.
- To eat: fresh, tasty canapés, ceviche, seafood and tropical fruit.
- To drink: Brazilians accept nothing less than caipirinhas (you’ll just have to get used to them in 2014) or if you can’t get hold of cachaḉa, add vodka to make caipiroskas instead (also delicious).