Sign up to our newsletter for Inspiration and advice to help you plan awesome events.
9 Tips to Creating Great Parties on a Tight Budget
The end-of-year party season is fast approaching and it’s time to lock in the details. However, when you’re thrown the task of planning an amazing event on a less than amazing budget, what are you to do? To save the day, we’re here to share with you our top tips on being savvy with your budget and still producing epic parties that are worth attending. It’s all about thinking outside-the-box, using your contacts, being flexible and creative…
1. Find a unique space
2. Interactive menus
- A limited menu involves less preparation than an intricate canape or plated menu, reducing the cost of labour and equipment.
- A themed food station can take the focus off the overall space reducing the need (and cost) to fully decorate the area.
- Food stations offer theatre where the guest can view the preparation of their meal and interact with the chef.
- The style of service creates a casual atmosphere and encourages guests to relax, step out of the work mind set and interact.
3. Personalise your package
4. Be creative with menu design
5. Source suppliers who are solutions finders
6. Learn to negotiate… there’s no harm in asking (nicely)
7. Build partnerships
8. Project planning
9. Date Flexibility
Guest post by Chris Stubbs | Director, Bayleaf Sydney
Chris is founder and owner of a very successful portfolio of companies comprising of Bayleaf Sydney, Bad Betty Burgers and soon to launch, Food Geek Sydney. With over 20 years’ experience catering for celebrities, rock stars, the Summer Olympics Games, and some of the largest public events in the world, Chris now finds himself spearheading the private and corporate markets with a veracity not usually seen in this industry.