Sign up to our newsletter for Inspiration and advice to help you plan awesome events.
How to make the most from your event photographer
Our daily lives are inundated with images. From traditional media, such as television and newspapers, to Instagram, Facebook and Flickr, we soak up images like a sponge. Images not only tell stories, but sell messages, brands, ideas, products and experiences. Visual communications are now, more than ever, a vital element in your marketing strategy. So this week we are exploring not only the need for professional photography, but also how you can get the most from your investment.
An event photographer is someone who specialises in capturing the action and the people attending your event. Whether it’s a corporate Christmas party, conference or even a sporting match, they are skilled at capturing the true essence of that event. However, their work can be used for much more than capturing memories.
The versatility of event images
- For use in press coverage in mainstream media, industry media or the social pages
- For use on the event or company social media channels – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc
- To project live images during the event for guests to engage with
- For use in post-event correspondence with delegates and guests
- For use in promotional material and proposals for venues, caterers or event suppliers
- For use in promotional material for an Event Organiser’s next conference, exhibition, fundraising dinner or sporting event
- For use on a company website, promoting the company culture, products or its people
- For use in a company’s annual report
- For use in marketing material used to attract university graduates, new employees or for internal company handbooks
- For use in future PR campaigns and media features
- For use in print or online advertisements
- For use in directory listings, such as Event Birdie!
The importance of quality images
Plan ahead and budget for professional event photography
Brief your photographer
Build a relationship
Keep your images fresh, relevant and current
Choose a professional
P.S. A special thank you to both Monique from Camera Creations and John from Harustudio for their insight on this topic. The header image includes examples of their work – left and bottom image courtesy of Harustudio and top right images courtesy of Camera Creations.