Unique and Unusual Venues Melbourne
Looking to host your event in a unique or unusual venue in Melbourne? Then get excited as Event Birdie has some fantastic Melbourne venues to choose from that all offer something a little different.
Forget about four boring white walls, these event spaces offer something “unusual” about them – be that their interior design, catering concepts or location. We’ve got museums, art galleries, warehouses, studios, architecturally significant venues and a whole lot more…
Get creative and plan an event at a venue that will get people talking…
Use the filters in the yellow box narrow down the list to meet your location and requirements e.g. search for unique and unusual venue spaces in Melbourne CBD Venues, Southbank Venues, South Wharf Venues or St Kilda Venues…
Unique and Unusual Venues in Melbourne: 44 Listings
- Iconic and spectacular venue in the heart of the Melbourne CBD
- Breathtaking Spanish Rococo Architecture, high ceilings and original crystal chandeliers
- A contemporary dining experience inspired by Melbourne's food culture
SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- Spectacular marine exhibits - the theming is already done!
- Unique events - why not include a shark dive..?
- Stunning views of the Yarra River
- New, high quality, industrial-chic event space
- Inner city, close to CBD and transport
- Flexible venue
The Pool Deck
- Exclusive Outdoor Rooftop Pool Venue With City Views
- Heated Pool With Lifeguard
- Catering Packages To Suit All Occasions
- Completely themed venue - eclectic decor & themed paraphernalia
- State of the art audio visual and sound system
- 3.6 metre donut wall
Locanda Private Dining
- A unique space with floor to ceiling glass wine cellars, luxury Italian Marble table and chandelier
- Easily accessible, with parking and accommodation on site at Rydges Melbourne Hotel
- Customisable menu and beverage options
- Newly renovated iconic Melbourne venue
- Versatile state-of-the-art event space
- Cutting edge technology, stunning architecture and bespoke catering by Marriner Group
- 180 degree views of the stunning Melbourne CBD
- Contemporary space
- Mirror details and finishes
- Sweeping views of Melbourne's skyline, iconic landmarks and uninterrupted views of the Yarra River
- Nine-metre floor to ceiling windows lets in abundant natural light including a stunning all-weather private terrace
- Versatile floor plan with state of the art technical and audio visual equipment
The National Hotel
- Delicious pan-Asian influenced menus for any style of function
- Indoor and outdoor spaces with flexible room set up
- Contemporary industrial design
- Tailoring events and meetings to the guest's needs by having an open canvas not a cookie cutter approach
- Home away from home experience with our 1851 Coffee & Kitchen communal table with all the needs for business or pleasure
- 290 + Local and International wines with a focus on biodynamic and organic varieties.
- 'Nine Below' - All inclusive bespoke package for end of year events.
- Long Room is inspiring in its size, ideal for gala dinners and cocktail events. The Long Room is exclusively available for events from 15 November 2019 to 19 March 2020.
- The Courtyard - a Sun-drenched, tranquil haven in the middle of the CBD.